Due to advances in technology, patients can have cavities restored with tooth coloured material (composite resin).
These modern materials are a much better alternative to traditional amalgam fillings as they
- Do not release mercury
- Do not expand and cause the teeth to crack
- Are less invasive (don’t need as much tooth to be drilled)
- Look very cosmetic and natural
- Can be used on front and back teeth
- Bond to the tooth for a long term seal.
They are a good option when around 30-50% of the tooth has decay. If there is more damage to the tooth, out dentist may recommend a ceramic crown.
Dr. Richard Hamilton Johnston
Preferred Provider For
Make an Appointment Today
CALL (07) 5572 9300
Whether you are in need of a same-day emergency appointment, root canal treatment, extraction, take home teeth whitening kits or just a general check up and clean. We aim to be an affordable dentist providing the very best services for you and your entire family.